- Ensures daily batch of all systems are run correctly by the Shift Leaders and Computer Operators.
- Checks and monitors daily job sheets for discrepancies.
- Performs scheduling and ensures sufficient manpower is available to perform daily tasks.
- Tabulates monthly statistics for all applications.
- Performs software deployment to Production systems.
- Updates and maintains report distribution table.
- Ensures the senior operators train the new staff.
- Ensures all updates to job sheets are obtained from the respective App Support and are versioned.
- Participates in DR runs.
- Performs the Control Self Assessment for Data Centre.
- Ensures physical and data security of DC is managed based on the procedures.
- Assigned member to hold part of sensitive IDs (for dual control).
- Ensures timely escalation and follow-up of all reported incidences by the subordinates to the respective Support group.
- Ensures sufficient consumables are available for DC use.
- Ensures the management of the DC infrastructure is maintained in accordance to procedures set.
- Ensures the physical security is managed in accordance to procedures set.
- Assists in implementing process improvements to the daily tasks.
- Ensures the documentations on the DC facility configurations are up to date.
- Ad – Hoc Project Management
- Ability to understand and solve operational problems.
- The need to work independently, 24 x 7.
- Ability to schedule and manage manpower to run shift work.
- Strong communication skills to successfully manage the in house teams
- Familiarity with Bank’s policies and procedures
- Business domain knowledge
- Regulatory requirements
- IT Governance
- Exposed to various operating systems, eg. OS400, HP-UX, SUN Solaris, Windows series
- 5 years experience of which 1 year in-depth managerial experience in Data Centre Operations.
- Sound judgment and prompt problem solving