The Digital Marketing Manager leads all digital marketing initiatives for the markets within SD portfolio. This includes playing a critical role in the development of the overall digital marketing strategy, and translating that strategy into specific and actionable digital marketing priorities. You and your team then design, deploy, and refine digital marketing initiatives that effectively deliver against those priorities.
You will also be heavily involved in the continued enhancement of our ad-tech stack, streamlining of operations, and nurturing of digital talent within the company.
Candidates with a strong understanding of consumer behaviours, penchant for systems thinking, and affinity for technology and numbers, will excel in this role.
Within your portfolio, you and your team will:
- Plan, deploy, monitor, optimize, analyze, and report on digital marketing initiatives across all relevant digital marketing channels, self-serve or otherwise. This includes providing campaign-level support to internal stakeholders as well as owning BAU performance campaigns that drive your quantitative KPIs.
- Invest time and attention to understand the overall business (present state, immediate and long-term objectives).
- Provide digital thought leadership. Develop hypotheses, then design and execute test and learn digital marketing initiatives that directly address a gap or opportunity within the business.
- Operationalise key learnings, by building onto a market-level digital marketing playbook and ensuring their consistent application to all campaigns, present and future.
- Scale relevant key learnings to other portfolio leaders within the team, while importing applicable best practices from other portfolios.
You will also:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal cross-functional partners (e.g. Retail Marketing, Brands, Pricing, Buying, eCommerce team, etc).
- Ensure that planned initiatives are aligned to the strategic priorities of LOBs within your portfolio.
- Be responsible for the ensuring delivery against long-term KPIs by market.
- Own and manage the annual performance marketing budget for your portfolio, ensuring investments are phased efficiently and regularly optimised towards channels and initiatives which yield the best outcomes.
- Collaborate with other external partners (e.g. Lazada/Shopee/Zalora/TiktokShop) to understand and execute marketing solution packages from marketplaces.
- Collaborate with the other portfolio leads and cross-functional partners to streamline related workflows and processes, with the goal of improving team productivity.
- Proactively lead your direct reports. Provide them with clarity of purpose, and do your level best to ensure they have the resources and support required to deliver as needed. This includes monitoring and managing their capacity, enabling the development of their hard skills, and nurturing of their soft skills.
- Co-lead the annual marketing planning process for your portfolio. This includes developing a digital marketing strategy supported by viable tactics, as informed by the aligned business priorities across stakeholders (Buying, eCommerce, Brand, Retail Marketing), as well as key learnings from the past year. Work with Business Intelligent Team to establish a realistic budget ask based on the projected deliverables.
- Ensure the team’s work and conduct is compliant with established company and local market regulations.
- Open for Local Malaysians only.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a marketing role, within a performance-oriented digital native business (e.g. eCommerce, OTAs, Marketplaces, or digital agencies).
- 3+ years’ experience managing self-serve performance marketing campaigns (e.g. SEM, Facebook, Google).
- Experience working with analytics tools (e.g Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc).
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Resourcefulness; able to effectively source and process self-learning materials on technical subjects.
- Strong communication and data visualisation skills are a must.
- Experience in managing large numbers of stakeholders across multiple functions, as well as management of direct reports will be a big plus.
- Literacy in Bahasa Malaysia, and Chinese will also be a plus (on top of English, which is a requirement)